Lersus operates on the basis of pre-specified didactic models which define the functionality of the editor and the structure and style of the e-learning materials developed.
There is a didactic model specially developed for the production e-learning courses for DOCEBO. This didactic model is called easyProf and is also available for free download.
The mechanism of didactic model makes it possible to separate such different tasks as content creation, design, components layout, document development, and the publication. The author is concentrated on the content development. The whole technical side is displayed in the didactic model.
- Structure requirements
- Function settings
- Look and feel of the course
- Export formats
- Ensure didactic and structure integrity of the tutorials
- Determine functional and visual solutions
- Get the format fixed
- Change the structure, format, and design with no effect on the content
All the standard didactic models are available for download from http://www.lersus.de/content/enu/downloads/didactical-models/.
Below you will find a step-by-step guide that will help you create Lersus modules for DOCEBO.
When working with LERSUS, one should distinguish among the three types of language:
The interface language is used by:
To change the interface language, do the following:
1.In the main menu, click View > Language
Select the desired language from the list of available languages
The model language is used by:
To change the model language, do the following:
1. In the main menu, click View >
Didactic Model Language. The following window opens
2. Select one of the supported languages
3. Click ОК
An asterix (*) marks the default language for the current model.
Check Associate with User Interface if you want the model language to change automatically when the interface language is changed.
The style language is applied in ready learning modules after they are exported to the desired format. The style language is used by all the text that is not part of the content (e.g Themes, Tests, Info, References, Glossary, Print Version).
There can be only one style language.
The didactic model included to Lersus installation is easyContent. To start working with the easyProf didactic model, you need to download and install this model first.
1. Download the easyProf didactic model from http://www.lersus.de/content/deu/downloads/didactical-models/
2. On the Extras menu, select Add/Remove
LERSUS Document Model. You will see the following dialog
3. To load a file, click Browse
4. Select the folder, where the file will be imported from
5. Click Next. The model installation starts.
6. The following dialog will open. If
the model has been selected correctly and successfully installed, the right window
will show the model itself, and the left window will show the model parameters.
7. To continue installation, click Next.
If the desired model and the information on its parameters didn't appear in the dialog window, then the model was not selected correctly and was not properly installed. If any errors occured, the information about them will appear at the bottom of the dialog.
1. Run LERSUS
2. Choose File > New > DELFI Software > easyProf
3. You will see the following dialog
4. Click No to confirm that you don’t want to save the changes.
5. Now the LERSUS window looks in the
6. Produce the learning module using not only text but also links, tables, pictures, and animation. Make your materials descriptive and easy to learn! Use different types of tests for knowledge control, complete your course with a glossary and a list of references.
7. Save your Lersus project
If you already have a learning module created with LERSUS and you want it imported to DOCEBO, then you need to change the didactic model of the course to easyProf (if a different model was initially used).
To change the didactic model, please do the following:
1.On the Extras menu, select Change Document Model.
The Select an Alternative Document Model dialog box opens.
2.Select the desired model – easyProf(English)
4.Go to the main menu and select Extras|Select
Design. You will see the dialog window titled Select Style for Document
5.Check the Compatible with LMS Moodle option.
Once you export your module, Lersus will generate a package ready for import to the DOCEBO LMS.
To export your learning materials, please do the following:
When you export your learning materials to HTML, Lersus creates a package that is ready for import to the DOCEBO system. The file is <your_module_name>(html).zip located in the root folder of the Lersus project.